ignoble : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a completely lacking nobility in character or quality or purpose
something cowardly and ignoble in his attitude
I think it a less evil that some criminals should escape than that the government should play an ignoble part"- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
- s not of the nobility
of ignoble (or ungentle) birth
- For starters, the sprawling plotabout the rivalry among noble (and ignoble) houses for a mythical kingdomoffers a gripping, intrigue-filled basic story that's like Fantasy .
- There is nothing ignoble about this deal and there is nothing ignoble when they realize that their idealism cannot sustain the sacrifices they are called upon to make.
- His remains were disinterred and identified in 1985--a too late bit of proof that even the Ubermensch can come to an ignoble end.
News & Articles
- Meet The Mysterious Duo Who Just Bought Newsweek
The news that Newsweek had been sold to IBT Media was received by most of the media world over the weekend as the final, clinching evidence of the magazine's abasement. To be handed off to a publisher that even most people in the news business had never heard of was the most ignoble of ends for an iconic magazine that had been around for more than 80 years.
Aug. 5, 2013 - Forbes
- Bono in Net4now
Bono, joining the debate now, writes "We're the post office, [referring to ISPs] they tell us; who knows what's in the brown-paper packages? But we know from America's noble effort to stop child pornography, not to mention China's ignoble effort to...
- Ignace Murwanashyaka in Independent Online
The FDLR has never attacked civilian populations,the leader of the group, Ignace Murwanashyaka, told AFP over telephone from Berlin. "We condemn these ignoble and abominable killings and we seek...... a probe into the identity of the...
- Tony Blair in Sydney Morning Herald
You know when you're prime minister you ...... you're aware that other people may want to succeed you and I always used to say to people it's not an ignoble ambition,Blair said of Brown's desire to be prime minister.