- v consider or render as ideal
- v form ideals
- s exalted to an ideal perfection or excellence
- David Grunfeld went to Seaside, Florida (above), the idealised planned community that was used as the backdrop for the movie, The Truman Show.
- In the idealised world of securitisation, a parcel of home loans is converted into securities, which are then sold into the broad market.
News & Articles
- Identity crisis behind China's Xinjiang unrest: experts
Beijing (AFP) July 04, 2013 Beijing's propaganda portrays the vast and remote western region of Xinjiang as a harmonious land of colourful, mostly Muslim Uighur natives and hard-working migrants prospering under Communist Party rule. But two incidents last week, one of which left 35 people dead, are only the latest spasms of violence to call into question that idealised vision. China's ...
July 4, 2013 - Space War
- Dr Karl Kruszelnicki in Brisbane Times
No, but the balance is slightly too much for sport,Kruszelnicki says. "I love that in Australia we have lots of sports but the Greeks were right when they [idealised] a healthy mind and a healthy body."
- Tracey Thorn in The Guardian
I think people have an idealised sense of our life,says Thorn. "Because we've lived and worked together for so many years they think we're skipping hand-in-hand through a hedgerow. I just think, Christ, surely you can imagine that on a...
- Desmond Tutu in Independent Online
Tutu said people wanted their leader to have charisma, to be regal and dignified, and "expressing the best about their idealised corporate consciousness and identity".