iceman : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who cuts and delivers ice
- n a professional killer
- Chico Marx is associated with the speak-easy as bootlegger and iceman.
News & Articles
- The Proteomics of the Iceman's Death
Just how Ötzi, the Tyrolean Iceman who died more than 5,300, met his demise isn't quite clear. His well-preserved body shows evidence of both an arrow wound to the shoulder and, more recently discovered, a blow to the head.
June 11, 2013 - GenomeWeb News
- Iceman Mummy Suffered Head Blow Before Death
Ötzi the Iceman, Europe's oldest mummy, likely suffered a head injury before he died roughly 5,300 years ago, according to a new protein analysis of his brain tissue.
June 10, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Ötzi the Iceman's dark secrets: Protein investigation supports brain injury theory
After decoding the Iceman's genetic make-up, a research team has now made another major breakthrough in mummy research: Using just a pinhead-sized sample of brain tissue from the world-famous glacier corpse, the team was able to extract and analyze proteins to further support the theory that Ötzi suffered some form of brain damage in the final moments of his life.
June 10, 2013 - Science Daily