iceland : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an island republic on the island of Iceland; became independent of Denmark in 1944
- n a volcanic island in the North Atlantic near the Arctic Circle
- Yvette Cooper in Sleaford Today
Asked if they could be sold in order to recover the investments, Ms Cooper told BBC1's Andrew Marr Show: "I think we need to have a proper process for doing this and that is why we sent a team over to Iceland on Friday in order to talk to the...
- Gordon Brown in WalesOnline
On a visit to Birmingham, Mr Brown said: "This is a problem that has been caused by Iceland. It is totally unacceptable behaviour."
- Jan Peter Balkenende in Global Times
We will not block the start of membership negotiations,Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende said when he arrived at the EU summit. "But if and when it gets to (joining), Iceland must meet its obligation."