iambic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a verse line consisting of iambs
- a of or consisting of iambs
- Pointing out that blues are based on a rhymed couplet in iambic pentameter with the first line repeated, Bernstein developed a lowdown blues song from Shakespeare.
- More of your recent posts have had a good poetic beat to them (no iambic pentameter, alas).
- His fireworks and camerabatics are an apt and bracing visual equivalent to Shakespeare's swooning iambic pentameter.
News & Articles
- Ethan Hawke to Play Macbeth on Broadway This Fall
If you saw Before Midnight and thought, I like watching Ethan Hawke talk a lot, but I really wish it were in iambic pentameter, then, boy, do we have news for you! It was announced today that Hawke will be playing Macbeth on Broadway. His take on the Scottish play ... More »
June 13, 2013 - Vulture