hyphenate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v divide or connect with a hyphen
hyphenate these words and names
- ASHLEY HAMILTON -- Actor, songwriter, comedian and son of former Dancing with the Stars contestant George Hamilton, Ashley is a multi-talented, multi-hyphenate with .
- A variant is to hyphenate the mother's and father's names.
- If the trend continues, "actor-director" may become as common a hyphenate as "singer-songwriter.
News & Articles
- 'Divergent' First Look: Theo James Franco?
Theo James' passing resemblance to a certain multi-hyphenate entertainer has been evident to me ever since he landed the lead role in CBS' now-defunct drama "Golden Boy." But, the two actors' likeness is absolutely uncanny in the first image (via Entertainment Weekly) of Theo's alter ego, Four, from the upcoming adaptation "Divergent." "Divergent" takes place [...]
June 7, 2013 - MTV
- Kevin Smith in Edmonton Sun
Sometimes, we find that there is an attempt to equate the perpetrators of a terror act and the victims of terror together, and hyphenate it. This tendency must be avoided. Punitive measures should be taken to bring them (the perpetrators) to... Pranab Mukherjee http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pranab_Mukherjee&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH7JtYbFJ2DGq5DofU9KuGxbo2Mpg SINDH TODAY http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.sindhtoday.net/south-asia/54686.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH7U35qVG3mlFJlI2pQerVnrOXHcg Jan 22, 2009
49059 66621 hyphenate He is the right kind of hyphenate," Smith says of Rogen. "Give him another two years -- max! -- and I guarantee he adds directing to that. Plus he really is fun to be around. I like him, man. If that is the next generation, I'm all for it!"
- Emilio Estevez in Scotsman
To this day it should have remained an un-produced screenplay, because it was terrible,Estevez says candidly. "I was 23 years old and I wanted to be the youngest hyphenate in the world of a major studio film. So off I went with this...