- n an abnormal condition in which cerebrospinal fluid collects in the ventricles of the brain; in infants it can cause abnormally rapid growth of the head and bulging fontanelles and a small face; in adults the symptoms are primarily neurological
- The baby was suffering from a stubborn form of hydrocephalus (water on the brain): spinal fluid, collecting in his skull cavity, caused his head to enlarge and threatened to .
- The first couple to use the technique was looking to escape a deadly disease known as X-linked hydrocephalus, or water on the brain, which almost always affects boys.
- Not long after, her second child, a boy, was born with a neurological disorder and has recently been diagnosed with hydrocephalus.
News & Articles
- Walk to benefit challenged kids
The fourth annual Hydrocephalus Walk is scheduled for Saturday, June 15 in Fairview. The event is a fundraiser to support a local boy, Grant Miller, 7, who attends first grade at East Orient Grade School. Miller was diagnosed with hydrocephalus three weeks before birth, caused by a stroke in utero. At the age of two days, he had his first surgery to implant a shunt to drain excess fluid from the ...
June 8, 2013 - The Gresham Outlook
- Annette King in New Zealand Herald
New Zealand women do not get enough natural folate in the diet to prevent a large number of babies being born with devastating neural tube defects, the most common of which are spina bifida and hydrocephalus,Ms King said.
- Kapil Sibal in Hindu
Before the transplant, we conduct a number of other tests to check if it would be successful. And in one of the test it was found that she was suffering from hydrocephalus, a disease of the brain,Dr. Sibal said.
- Shelley Smith in GoErie.com
They transported us by ambulance to Children's, where they explained to me that Lucas had hydrocephalus,Smith said. "I didn't even know what that was."