husbandly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a befitting or characteristic of a husband
- s related to or suited to a husband
assumed husbandly duties like mowing the lawn
- Bess Truman, who had met Margaret's ship in New York, followed and got a husbandly peck on the cheek.
- The biggest single pledge in Wellesley's campaign so far, Nelson's husbandly gesture swelled the take to $5,082,851.
- Though he never succeeded in weaning her from unpunctual habits, his husbandly summation was a nutshell masterpiece: "I regard non-punctuality as bad manners.
News & Articles
- He Gave ‘the Mundane Its Beautiful Due’
Hermione Lee Updike by Adam Begley The Collected Stories: Collected Early Stories, Collected Later Stories by John Updike, edited by Christopher Carduff For over half a century, John Updike transformed everyday America into lavishly eloquent and observant language. This—even more than his virtuoso writing about sex, his close readings of adultery and husbandly guilt, his tracking of American ...
April 21, 2014 - New York Review of Books