humdrum : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the quality of wearisome constancy, routine, and lack of variety
he was sick of the humdrum of his fellow prisoners
- s not challenging; dull and lacking excitement
- s tediously repetitious or lacking in variety; all work and no play"
a humdrum existence
- Since 1941, when Lewis published a witty collection of infernal correspondence called The Screwtape Letters, this middle-aged (49) bachelor professor who lives a mildly humdrum .
- What was odd was that instead of queuing up in front of department stores or exclusive boutiques, fashion addicts were camped outside of humdrum supermarkets.
- These lithe-limbed warriors live in fortified hilltop villages, lead a somewhat humdrum existence punctuated by occasional raids to cut off their neighbors' heads, which they .
News & Articles
- Top Trips for Science Lovers
Lovers of science, listen up: If you’re tired of humdrum science museums filled with dusty models of the planets and boring films of volcanos on a continuous loop, there are a host of amazing places where you can see -- up close -- wondrous natural and scientific discoveries sure to spark the Einstein in you . Quench your thirst for all things scientific with a trip to one (or all) of these ...
June 18, 2013 - Fox News
- UK Opera Theatre bedazzles with a ‘It’s A Grand Night For Singing!’
On what could have been another humdrum Thursday night in June, UK Opera Theatre instead transformed the stage at the Singletary Center for the Arts into a magical space bursting with color, glitter, and talent in “It’s A Grand Night For Singing!,” transporting the audience to the world of Broadway for the second weekend in a row.
June 15, 2013 - The Kentucky Kernel
- Chrysler Town & Country
Are there any more ignored and humdrum automotive products in most people’s minds than the K-car and minivan from Chrysler? 0 read more
June 15, 2013 - KETK 56 Tyler
- Allen Doyle in International Herald Tribune
It does not become so humdrum that five guys show up and they're the prohibitive favorites and maybe no one comes out to watch any more,Doyle said.
- Oscar Goodman in San Jose Mercury News
They're getting out of their humdrum problems and forgetting them, at least for the time being here in Las Vegas,Goodman said. "For the locals, it's almost the same thing-they're suppressing whatever issues they've confronted during the...
- Margaret Thatcher in Sydney Morning Herald
As Margaret Thatcher said when Argentina invaded the Falklands: "It is exciting to have a real crisis on your hands, when you have spent half your political life dealing with humdrum issues like the environment."