- n dry outer covering of a fruit or seed or nut
- n persistent enlarged calyx at base of e.g. a strawberry or raspberry
- n United States naval officer who commanded the `Constitution' during the War of 1812 and won a series of brilliant victories against the British (1773-1843)
- n United States diplomat who did the groundwork for creating the United Nations (1871-1955)
- n a large fishing port in northeastern England
- n the frame or body of ship
- v remove the hulls from
hull the berries
- One of the greatest difficulties in the operation of seaplanes is the soaking up of water by the wooden hull of a flying-boat.
- Her submarine-shaped hull, filled with gasoline (lighter than water) supports a sphere two meters in diameter with stainless-steel walls 3.
- The M80 achieves its remarkable draft with a specially sculpted hull that lets air and water flow underneath to reduce wind resistance and generate lift.
News & Articles
- Hull City Opens 2013-14 Season at Perennial EPL Power Chelsea
COMMENTARY ? Newly promoted Hull City opens its 2013-14 EPL season with a high-profile, multi-storyline match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Three years removed from relegation, Hull could scarcely have wished for a bigger stage on which to make its first appearance back in the globally expanding reach of the EPL spotlight.
June 21, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Hull attends training
Navarro County Treasurer Frank Hull recently attended the County Investment Officer training Conference in Galveston.
June 19, 2013 - Corsicana Daily Sun
- Hull City Chairman Approaching EPL With Sound Business Principles
COMMENTARY | Hull City's promotion and place in the upcoming 2013-14 EPL season has supporters and citizens waxing cautiously optimistic about the club's future fortunes. As the Tigers navigate the offseason transfer market and associated bidding wars, no one is more optimistic or cautious of the future than Hull City chairman Assem Allam.
June 17, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Al Gore in 940 News
One of the most famous ice-hockey players in history was asked the secret of why he was so good,Gore said. "He was the best passer in the history of the game, Bobby Hull. Others might disagree (and say) Wayne Gretzky. And he said in...