hooky : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n failure to attend (especially school)
- Although school superintendents and politicians had urged students to stay in class, many kids played hooky anyway.
- The trendiest neighborhoods in Tokyo, Seoul and Taipei are filled with disaffected kids playing hooky, their ennui relieved by designer drugs and designer shopping.
- With hours to kill in Chicago, you could do worse than Ferris Bueller, actor Matthew Broderick's amiably conniving teen antihero from the 1986 comedy who played hooky and turned .
News & Articles
- Columbia man takes winning $250K lottery ticket to work
A Columbia man considered playing hooky from work last Monday, but went in anyway, taking his $250,000 winning lottery ticket with him.
June 10, 2013 - WIS News 10 Columbia
- Tour ties together plants, MAC exhibit - Thu, 06 Jun 2013 PST
I played hooky from weeding and mowing to join local naturalist and historian Jack Nisbet for a tour of the Colville Valley one Saturday in May. Nisbet has been leading a number of tours this spring throughout the region in celebration of the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture’s current exhibit on naturalist and explorer David Douglas.
June 6, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Heated committee debates options for Canton fire services
Councilmen Glen Cummins and Hooky Huffman were among the most outspoken on where a new fire station should first be built, whether Cherokee County should be allowed to be part of the plan and a mission statement for the committee. Cummins wanted to discuss having a contract with Cherokee County to control the new fire stations and cover part of the city to reduce costs of staffing and ...
June 6, 2013 - Cherokee Tribune
- Stephen Morris in ITV.com
In a joint statement, Sumner and Morris said: "After 30 years in a band together we are very disappointed that Hooky has decided to go to the press and announce unilaterally that New Order have split up. We would have hoped that he could have...
- Peter Hook in Pitchforkmedia.com
Moving on, then, Hook mentions an incident at a recent DJ gig: "some kid came up and gave me a hug and said 'sorry to hear about new order hooky' i was really touched its like your budgie dyin!"
- Gareth Thomas in ic Wales
Thomas said, "There was a bit of a debate over kicking it, so we asked the referee, 'If we kick it to touch, have we got time to play?' He said, 'There's 10 seconds, if you kick it to touch quickly now - yes.' So Hooky took the ball, kicked it to...