homonym : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n two words are homonyms if they are pronounced or spelled the same way but have different meanings
- In Japanese, kano is a homonym for a word meaning possible.
- Its best-selling tee reads DELAY NO MORE, a homonym of a Cantonese phrase so raunchy that one newspaper refused to publish the tagline in an advertisement.
- This fashion and homeware label the initials are a homonym of the Cantonese phrase "live better" was founded in 1996.
News & Articles
- Review: WARMfest 2013 at Broad Ripple Park
The first annual three-day Warmfest took place over Labor Day weekend in Broad Ripple Park including food trucks, Indie Arts & Vintage Marketplace, and some good music. by Allison Krupp Monday, September 2 Warmfest crept to a start under cloudy skies. Lafayette's Faux Paw (pronounced Fox Paw but yielding the obvious homonym joke) played early on the Hawk stage.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the ...
Sept. 3, 2013 - Nuvo
- Adam Rex in Kansas City Star
The word 'smek' actually started out as a different word entirely,Rex wrote in an e-mail interview. "Then I discovered the original one is a dirty word in England and changed it. 'Boov' is a homonym of Bhuv, which is short for Bhuvnesh,...