- a of the nature of a homily or sermon
- a of or relating to homiletics
- His evangelistic style is homiletic, catechetical and religious in tone (the promise of an unprecedented revelation to the merely human race has the strangest effect on the .
- Two powerful groups long on generally friendly terms with him turned on his policiesin one case with deliberate rudeness, in the other with homiletic eloquence.
- A backwoods preacher once explained his homiletic methods thus: "Ah tells 'em what Ah's gwan to tell 'em.