- Many a homesick or sardonic Northern Negro, writing to Southern friends, says "Ship me a bag of good dirt to eat.
- Conversations with homesick Pakistanis abroad invariably turn to it.
- But in the long run, recovery plans won't matter much if investors, insurers and homesick evacuees can't trust the Corps to prevent the city from drowning again.
News & Articles
- Operation Sunshine: Summer camp transforms, entertains
When T.J. Sacco gets homesick while away at camp, he doesn’t call or text his parents to let them know he’s thinking of them. Instead, the 9-year-old sends his love in a more traditional and lasting way: He writes them a letter.
June 8, 2013 - The Observer-Dispatch
- Sleepaway Camp: A Remedy for Overparenting?
What was the sweetest moment of your childhood?is a question psychologist Michael Thompson regularly asks adults. Eighty percent of the time, he says, they'll recall a memory in which their parents weren't present. Why? Because the thrill of that moment often was steeped in the exhilaration of independence, says Thompson, author of "Homesick and Happy: How Time Away from Parents Can Help a ...
June 6, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Digital maps to treasure
I’m getting out of town this summer — way out, as my Congolese wife has grown homesick for the land of her birth. For me the fun has begun already, since it’s an excuse to indulge my longstanding love of digital maps.
June 6, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Leighton Baines in Wigan Today
I'd never mentioned the word 'homesick' once,Baines said. "I felt my comments had been misconstrued and I came across as a bit of a moaner, which is not like me at all."
- Jack Strain in International Herald Tribune
So, whether or not she was homesick, whether events unfolded that she didn't care for, really, I guess we'll never know,Strain said.
- Lindsay Davenport in International Herald Tribune
My son's been sick now for like four days,Davenport said. "So he's been having a tough time. When you get less sleep, you kind of get more homesick. I just keep telling him, 'A couple more days, a couple more weeks.'"