- v rub elbows with
He hobnobs with the best of society
- Simply sighting flying saucers is out of date - the big spin now is to spot them landing and to hobnob with their interplanetary passengers.
- So it was perhaps no surprise that the Al Smith Dinner, which gives candidates the chance to hobnob with Catholic opinion leaders just weeks before an election, became what Theodore White called "a ritual of American politics."
- For some years now, we have made our pilgrimage to this Riviera redoubt to hobnob with stars and directors, renew old friendships, sample the superb wines and cuisine under cloudless Cote d'Azur skies and, when there's time, see movies.
- Manohar Parrikar in Thaindian.com (blog)
The persons who were arrested hobnob with the chief minister. It's been 110 days now. The case is now virtually dead,Parrikar said.
- Daniel Loeb in San Diego Union Tribune
It is time for you to step down from your role as CEO and director so that you can do what you do best: retreat to your waterfront mansion in the Hamptons, where you can play tennis and hobnob with your fellow socialites,Loeb wrote.
- LK Advani in Times of India
Driving home the UPA's politics of expediency with glee, BJP veteran LK Advani pointed out on Sunday, "Pehle lal-salaam tha, ab dalal-salaam hai (Earlier they kowtowed to the Left, now they hobnob with power brokers)."