here : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the present location; this place
where do we go from here?
- n queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology; sister and wife of Zeus remembered for her jealously of the many mortal women Zeus fell in love with; identified with Roman Juno
- s being here now
is everyone here?
- r in or at this place; where the speaker or writer is
I work here
radio waves received here on Earth
- r in this circumstance or respect or on this point or detail
what do we have here?
here I must disagree
- r to this place (especially toward the speaker)
come here, please
- r at this time; now
we'll adjourn here for lunch and discuss the remaining issues this afternoon
- I hang out here in Kyoto because my hometown is totally dead.
- So here are a dozen movies to give you that old war feeling, including one old Iraqi film you can only read about a lost treasure of bloated dictatorial ego.
- Now here's my reason or this choice: 30 years ago, Andrew Sarris, Richard Roud and I were chatting, and someone wondered which film character we thought best expressed our own .
- David Villa in ESPN
We worked hard to get here and now we have made the final,Villa said. "It's a great thing."
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
Now, of course I'll admit that the backyard's a little bigger here, but it's the same spirit,Obama said to laughter. "Michelle and I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate America's birthday than with America's extraordinary men and...
- Joe Biden in The Associated Press
I remain, as I have been from the beginning, extremely optimistic about the government being formed here,Biden told reporters.