- v avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- v hinder or restrict with or as if with a hedge
The animals were hedged in
- v enclose or bound in with or as it with a hedge or hedges
- v minimize loss or risk
- s evasively worded in order to avoid an unqualified statement
- All the major airlines have hedged fuel prices since the 1980s, but as the major carriers have run into financial difficulties in recent years, they have no longer had the cash--or .
- Goldman has repeatedly declared that its exposure to AIG was "immaterial" and fully hedged.
- The story became public on June 30, when the prestigious British science journal Nature published a report, hedged with "editorial reservation," on a phenomenon that defied the .
News & Articles
- VelocityShares Delays Hedged-ETF Launches
Two large-cap hedged ETFs from VelocityShares won’t be going live today after all.VelocityShares, the money management firm known so far for its family of volatility-focused ETNs, has delayed tod...
June 21, 2013 - IndexUniverse.com via Yahoo! Finance
- VelocityShares Hedged ETFs Go Live Friday
VelocityShares, the money management firm known so far for its family of volatility-focused ETNs, on Friday is rolling out a duo of hedged large-cap equity funds under the ALPS ETF Trust name,
June 20, 2013 - Nasdaq
- McDonald's All-Star Football Classic: Players give up time for love of game
Northampton grad Imad Azar and others like him are eager to suit up again. Northampton High graduate Imad Azar never hedged with his answer when he was afforded the opportunity to play in Thursday's 43 r d annual McDonald's All-Star Football Classic.
June 19, 2013 - The Morning Call
- Geoff Dixon in e-Travel Blackboard (press release)
The continuing rise of jet fuel prices is of concern, however we have hedged 34% of our 2008/09 needs at a price of US$90 per barrel WTI, of which the majority is in the first half of the fiscal year and is predominantly in options,Mr Dixon adds.
- Bob Crow in Telegraph.co.uk
Bob Crow, the RMT general secretary, said: "We have still not won an unequivocal, written guarantee. We are seeking to protect our members' interests. What we have received has been hedged, qualified and ambiguous."
- Zalmay Khalilzad in AFP
They were truly united, unlike the government and the political process, where the unity that exists is very much hedged,UN ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad, Washington's former envoy in Iraq, said following the match.