heavenward : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s directed toward heaven or the sky
the soul in its heavenward flight
- r toward heaven
he pointed heavenward
- Whenever he was asked how he came to be the greatest evangelist in history, Billy Graham always turned his eyes heavenward: "It was God who did this," he would say.
- The aeroplane ran along the ground for a short distance and then soared majestically heavenward as dawn began to dispel the gloom.
- More than most presidential candidates, Bush promised during his campaign to look heavenward for guidance if elected.
- the Apostle Paul in Ghana News Agency
He quoted Saint Paul's words in Philippians as saying, "forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."