- n a form of whist in which players avoid winning tricks containing hearts or the queen of spades
- n the locus of feelings and intuitions
- n the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body
- n the courage to carry on
- n an area that is approximately central within some larger region
- n the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
- n an inclination or tendency of a certain kind
- n a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines
- n a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal)
- n a positive feeling of liking
- n a playing card in the major suit that has one or more red hearts on it
he led the queen of hearts
hearts were trumps
- Solving problems like this will require changes in government policy, but it will also require a change in hearts and a change in minds.
- MACKEREL 3 hearts AMERICAN EEL 2 hearts TUNA 2 hearts ATLANTIC HERRING 2 hearts NORWEGIAN SARDINES 2 hearts RAINBOW TROUT 2 hearts LAKE WHITEFISH 1 heart.
- Most earlier mechanical hearts such as the seminal Jarvik 7 and other ventricular assist devices were not designed to replace diseased hearts entirely, but to assist .
News & Articles
- Hearts fails to pay wages, under transfer embargo
GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) -- Hearts has been placed under a transfer embargo after the cash-strapped Scottish Premier League club failed to pay some players their wages on time.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- Soccer-Hard-up Hearts punished for failing to pay players
LONDON, June 14 (Reuters) - Hearts, facing a battle for financial survival, have failed to pay their players on time and have been banned from making new signings, the Scottish Premier League (SPL) said on Friday. The Edinburgh club invited offers for all their players on Thursday, saying they urgently needed funds to keep going over the off-season when there was no matchday income. Hearts, who ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Hearts plunges back into financial problems
EDINBURGH, Scotland (AP) -- Scottish club Hearts has plunged back into financial problems and will consider offers for its best players to ensure bills and wages are paid.
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- President Bush in AFP
Our hearts go out to the people of Burma. We want to help them deal with this terrible disaster. At the same time, of course, we want them to live in a free society,Bush said at the White House ceremony.
- Michael Jackson in Examiner.com
At that point, Janet stated "To you, Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family and he will forever live in our hearts. On behalf of my family and myself thank you for your love and support. We miss him so much. Thank you so much."
- Richard Levin in Philadelphia Inquirer
Our hearts go out to Annie Le's family, fiancÃ© and friends, who must suffer the additional ordeal of waiting for the body to be identified,wrote Richard C. Levin, the Yale president.