heartening : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give encouragement to
- s cheerfully encouraging
- Outside Russia these Red Square cries were heartening to great numbers of Communist functionaries.
- The trend is heartening to gay activists who believe that as acts like Colorado's give gay and lesbian couples the opportunity to showcase their worth as partner-parents, the laws .
- But I think this child's desire to help is very heartening.
News & Articles
- Yahoo Tried Real Hard--But Failed--to Avoid Joining PRISM
While everyone's skeptical about how and why so many tech companies are involved with PRISM , the New York Times has run a heartening piece which describes how Yahoo fought hard—but ultimately failed—to avoid joining the initiative. Read more...
June 14, 2013 - Gizmodo
- What Automotive Moment Restored Your Faith In Humanity?
From traffic jams to pollution to car crashes, there's a lot to get you down in the automotive world. Some moments, though, totally restore your faith in humanity. Just watch this race car driver leap out of his own car to help free another racer pinned under his car . It's absolutely heartening. What automotive moment captured on video restored your faith in humanity?
June 14, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Friends Don't Let Friends Get Pinned Under Their Race Car
Here's your heartening motorsports story of the day. One driver sees another driver rolled off the track and is pinned under his car. The first driver pulls over, leaps out of his car, and goes to rescue his competitor. This is at the Formula 1200 race at Shannonville Motorsports Park last month and the pinned driver is Andrew Waring. In the wake of Jason Leffler's fatal crash last night, this ...
June 13, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Sandra Bullock in Us Magazine
White praised Bullock's continued success and accolades with a dig: "Isn't it heartening to see how far a girl as plain as she is can go?"
- Donovan in The Associated Press
In some ways it's really heartening to see how much people care,Landon Donovan said.
- Kevin Rudd in TVNZ
I think our first step should be to get the United States of America fully engaged,Rudd said. "What is heartening on that question is that both candidates, Republican and Democrat, have indicated that they will be moving on this, and with...