harmonically : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r with respect to harmony
harmonically interesting piece
- By the time he was 30, Mennin had written nine symphonies, his favorite musical form, and won major prizes and commissions for his harmonically conservative, cohesive and sonorous .
- Edward (Eddie) Sauter, 66, trumpet-playing jazz composer and arranger who during the 1930s and 1940s contributed deft, harmonically venturesome scores to many top swing bands .
- Altering the length of the harmonically operated antenna gave his radio beam virtually any direction he chose.
News & Articles
- Washington Montessori School's Brush With Burundi: the Percussion of Hope
WASHINGTON—It was like an intercultural algebra equation—what was done on one side of the Atlantic Ocean had to be done on the other. A two-week February trip to the Republic of Burundi, an easily overlooked and impoverished nation in eastern Africa, proved fateful and harmonically edifying for Washington Montessori School music teacher Matilda Giampietro.
Jan. 5, 2014 - Litchfield County Times
- Hank Jones in The Age
Although many musicians rejected bebop, Jones said: "My ears were wide open, my brain was receptive. I thought it was a change for the better, harmonically and melodically."
- Sergio Mendes in Boston Herald
I wanted to show the diversity and internationality of Brazilian music with 'Encanto',said Mendes. "Sometimes people think that Brazilian music is only bossa nova. But there are many things happening down there rhythmically, harmonically,...