harijan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n belongs to lowest social and ritual class in India
- Placard-carrying "militant" Untouchables have not yet appeared on the streets of Delhi, but the harijan case is being made more and more vocally by the small harijan bloc in .
- Sir: As an Indian woman, I must strongly protest the statement that harijan women are "paraded nude through the streets and then raped" for the offense of forgetting their .
- As a harijan, Ram may never have a real chance to become India's Prime Minister; his age may also be a handicap.
- MJ Akbar in Rediff
Akbar wrote that, "On June 8, 1940, Gandhi said in The Harijan that, 'Quaid-e-Azam himself was a great Congressman. It was only after the non-cooperation movement that he, like many other Congressmen belonging to several communities, left. Their...
- Ram Vilas Paswan in Times of India
It is as insulting as the word `Harijan'. We opposed being called `Harijan' because the word is used to refer to illegitimate children in south India. The proper word is `scheduled caste',Paswan said while addressing a meeting of Dalit...