- n the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows)
- v beat with or as if with a hammer
- v create by hammering
- Then there were the odd noises: hammering at all hours, and what sounded like an electric saw and other power tools.
- After hammering again at "The Roosevelt Depression," with its 10,000,000 unemployed in 1940, he argued that a main reason was "that our present Administration never once .
- With its own private Drang Nach Osten (Drive to the East) already pushed from Ethiopia through British Somaliland, hammering at the island of Perim in the Red Sea and the port of .
News & Articles
- Team Report - KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Reid hammering on details in Chiefs minicamp
June 20, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Investors continue last-ditch efforts for Coyotes
A group of investors interested in buying the Phoenix Coyotes from the National Hockey League continue last-ditch efforts at hammering out a lease agreement with the City of Glendale aimed at keeping the team in Arizona.
June 19, 2013 - ESPN
- At Large : It's the season for turkeys, Diesel says
In my room at The Times office, with the easterly wind hammering the windows, it's work to remember that summer is imminent. It's been one of those springs — wet, windy, gray. The plants cringe. We wonder, will a wet, cool, foggy summer be our lot? Or a hot, humid one?
June 19, 2013 - The Martha's Vineyard Times
- Koby Clemens in SI.com
They started hammering him and I couldn't watch it,Koby said. "I was getting so ticked off. Apparently, right when I turned it off, it kind of went better for my dad. So I'm kind of mad I missed that. I saw some good things, I saw some bad...
- Robert Gates in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
We're going to try to look at this more creatively than perhaps we have done in the past when we basically have just been hammering on (allied governments) to provide more,Gates said in a post-meeting interview with a small group of reporters...
- Kris Draper in KAALtv.com
We're still up 3-2,center Kris Draper said. "That's something that we've got to keep hammering home. We're in a dogfight with a great hockey club. You don't expect that to be easy."