- n Talmudic literature that deals with law and with the interpretation of the laws on the Hebrew Scriptures
- Tearing toilet tissue is also forbidden by halacha, so Friday afternoons maids put white baskets containing separate sheets of paper in all the bathrooms.
- The basic theme of my paper was to reaffirm what we accept as a tenet of our faith, that halacha as presented in our Written and Oral (the Talmud) Law never changes because it .
- However, the statement that "the lecture was a good example of how halacha changes with the times" was a serious misinterpretation of my point.
News & Articles
- Guest rabbi to address Chabad
A Jewish scholar and rabbi will speak during Friday Night Live at Chabad of Northern Palm Beach Island. Rabbi Motty Lipskier of Brooklyn, N.Y., director of The Bais Medrash learning center, will address the congregation Friday at The Chabad House, 361 S. County Road, during Shabbat dinner. Services will begin at 7 p.m., followed by Shabbat dinner. The rabbi is considered a master on halacha ...
Aug. 15, 2013 - Palm Beach Daily News
- Igor Guberman in Jewish Action
One hundred percent is a big number,Guberman says of the ever-increasing share of the Israeli public wearing blue ritual fringes produced from the Murex trunculus. "We believe it is a process how halacha gets accepted. Nowhere in the Torah...
- Shlomo Aviner in Ynetnews
In a conversation with Ynet, Aviner explained: "As is well known, leaving Israel is permitted only for the sake of mitzvah, while visiting the death camps is not defined as a mitzvah by the Halacha. There are important figures and great rabbis who...