hades : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Greek mythology) the god of the underworld in ancient mythology; brother of Zeus and husband of Persephone
- n (religion) the world of the dead
- The phonographs of 1954 sound far less like hades.
- David Obey in DetNews.com
Like it or not, we ran out of options,said Rep. David R. Obey, D-Wis., chairman of the Appropriations Committee. "There has never been a chance of a snowball in Hades that Congress would cut off those funds to those troops in the field."
- Joe Biden in Newstalk ZB
The world's going to Hades in a handbasket,said Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., speaking Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press. "And we're going to debate the next three weeks, I'm told, gay marriage, a flag amendment and God only knows what else. I...
- Fred Carter in Business Mirror
We were all sent to Hades that year,said Fred Carter as he reminisced about '72-'73 on ESPN.