- v cover, fill, fix or smear with or as if with gum
- v grind with the gums; chew without teeth and with great difficulty
- v become sticky
- v exude or form gum
- s covered with adhesive gum
- Concern about who is still holding dud paper has gummed up credit markets, with banks refusing to lend to one another for fear that the borrowers may default or may have themselves .
- Factor in soaring unemployment, weaker consumer spending and the gummed-up credit markets, and Ireland is facing "the most challenging fiscal and economic position in a generation .
- BB whose share price has plummeted 93% this year relied on the gummed-up wholesale credit markets for around half of its mortgage funding.
News & Articles
- Metra’s BNSF line calls June delays ‘frustrating’
Yet another mechanical problem gummed up service to nine Burlington Northern Santa Fe trains Thursday, less than one day after Metra conceded by email to riders that it’s frustrated with the delays plaguing its busiest line and trying to fix them.
June 21, 2013 - The Doings Clarendon Hills
- St. Louis Alderman Wants To Outlaw Saggy Pants
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– A proposal that’s supposed to stiffen ethics a requirement in politics has gotten gummed up in...
June 21, 2013 - FOX 2 News St. Louis
- Metra sorry — but delays drag on
Yet another mechanical problem gummed up service to nine Burlington Northern Santa Fe trains Thursday, less than one day after Metra conceded by email to riders that it’s frustrated with the delays plaguing its busiest line and trying to fix them. BNSF passenger patience has become so tested in recent weeks that “people that ride the BNSF feel it’s become a soap opera, a high drama,’’ said ...
June 20, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Barack Obama in Reuters
Our leaders in Washington seem incapable of working together in a practical, common sense way. Politics has become so bitter and partisan, so gummed up by money and influence, that we can't tackle the big problems that demand solutions,Obama...