- n deep ditch cut by running water (especially after a prolonged downpour)
- When visitors open the spigot, the water quickly cuts a gully through the sand, supposedly demonstrating how the Grand Canyon was created, practically overnight, by Noahs flood.
- The narrow gully bakes like an oven in the fall sun, and the canyon that engulfs it is silent, save for an occasional magpie's cry.
- Whittington, dressed in orange, was "down a little ways" in a gully.
- Vice President Dick Cheney in USA Today
But, Cheney said, "there was a little bit of a gully there ...... although I could see the upper part of his body ...... I didn't see it at the time I shot, until after I'd fired. And the sun was directly behind him - that affected the vision, too,...
- Ishant Sharma in Indian Express
I loved playing gully cricket. Everybody starts with it. This is the format that takes everyone forward,Ishant said at the launch.
- Angus Fraser in The Age
Hayden is a religious man, as could be seen when he crossed himself each time he scored a hundred, but he was one of the nastiest sledgers Australia has produced,Fraser said. "From the slips or at gully he would say horribly insulting...