guerrilla : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of an irregular armed force that fights a stronger force by sabotage and harassment
- It is necessary for every urban guerrilla to keep in mind always that he can only maintain his existence if he is disposed to kill the police and those dedicated to repression .
- Photographer Alvaro Ybarra Zavala provides an intimate view of Colombia's notorious guerrilla army.
- Each time a guerrilla was slain or surrendered, a guerrilla band would descend on an outlying village, coerce some hapless peasant into joining as a replacement.
News & Articles
- Far from Iran election, former guerrillas lobby Washington
By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON (Reuters) - For decades, an Iranian dissident group has seemed to be on the wrong side of history. Suppressed by both the Shah of Iran and then the ayatollahs who deposed him in 1979, its supporters have faced prison, death and exile, and were shunned in the United States as members of a cult-like terrorist organization. The Mujahadin-e-Khalq (MEK) former guerrilla ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- E3 video: Ziplining in PS4's "Killzone: Shadow Fall"
LOS ANGELES _ Here’s a video of the zip line feature in Sony’s “Killzone: Shadow Fall” for the PlayStation 4. (I’m not this good at the game - Arjan Bak, environment art director at Sony studio Guerrilla Games in Amsterdam, is providing the demo here.)
June 13, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Analysis: Hezbollah tips Syria power balance, polarizes Lebanon
By Samia Nakhoul BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanese have long viewed the Hezbollah guerrilla army as a state-within-a-state. But having watched it launch a military adventure in Syria and brutality on the streets of Beirut, they feel ever more hostage to the Islamist group's regional agenda. Within minutes of a busload of unarmed demonstrators arriving on Sunday at the Iranian embassy in Beirut to ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Rehman in China Daily
The enemy has started a guerrilla war,Interior Minister Rehman Malik said. "The whole nation should be united against these handful of terrorists."
- Thad Cochran in USA Today
McCain was down at the end of the table and we were talking to the head of the guerrilla group here at this end of the table and I don't know what attracted my attention,Cochran said in an interview with the Sun Herald in Biloxi, Miss....
- Tom LaBonge in CNN International
I'm a guerrilla gardener, but I'm mostly just a maintenance guy,LaBonge said. "I pull weeds when I'm out walking. Everyone is welcome to do it. The city needs help."