grazed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v feed as in a meadow or pasture
- v break the skin (of a body part) by scraping
She was grazed by the stray bullet
- v let feed in a field or pasture or meadow
- v scrape gently
- v eat lightly, try different dishes
- s scraped or touched lightly in passing
his grazed and bleeding arm proved he had been in the line of fire
- Beef cattle grazed on a hillside below wind towers 50 miles east of San Francisco along Altamont Pass on April 14 Need another reason to feel guilty about feeding your children .
- Green-eyed, with raven-black hair that grazed her waist, Nafiza had rushed to help Shah Jan get her three kids out of the burning house.
- The storm also hit Honduras and grazed the Caribbean islands.
News & Articles
- LATEST NEWS
Los Angeles Dodgers' Yasiel Puig, below, is seen to by Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero after being grazed by a pitch as home plate umpire Clint Fagan signals during the sixth inning of their baseball game, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, in Los Angeles.
June 13, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Arizona's Kennedy ejected for throwing at batter
(AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill). Los Angeles Dodgers' Yasiel Puig, left, is seen to by trainers after being grazed by a pitch during the sixth inning of their baseball game against the Arizona Diamondbacks, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, in Los Angeles.
June 12, 2013 - KUSI News San Diego
- VIDEO: EMT from Beacon grabs shooter's gun after officer is grazed
A quick-thinking emergency medical technician who lives in and is a volunteer firefighter for this city took a gun from a handcuffed suspect who had just fired two shots and grazed a police officer in the foot Monday morning at a New York City hospital.
June 11, 2013 - Poughkeepsie Journal
- Tiger Wood in abc13.com
It could have been better -- Woods saw several putts stay tantalizingly on the lip of the cup."I hit a lot of good putts that grazed the edge, but hey, I put myself right there in the tournament," Woods said.
- Dusty Baker in Chicago Tribune
He told me that I sprayed him with tobacco and I grazed him with my left shoulder,Baker said. "I was not trying to make contact."
- Adam Gilchrist in Expressindia.com
I went up, we all went up, and the umpire gave him out. Replays would show that the ball and his bat had grazed his pad, and he hadn't hit it. Roebuck had a problem with me because of the manner of Rahul Dravid's dismissal,Gilchrist said.