- r in a harsh and grating manner
her voice fell gratingly on our ears
- Plus it's gratingly annoying that the president only has one advisor that she's talking to about this whole situation.
- Nomi has a clouded past, but that doesn't explain why she is such a gratingly annoying creature.
- The movie has an air of recent discovery, of shocked innocence about the tawdry quality of city life that is gratingly naive.
News & Articles
- Is This the Most Unhinged New York Times "Vows" Column Ever?
Over the weekend, the New York Times "Vows" section published a 1,765-word celebration of one couple’s love that was so aggressively serene—so gratingly ethereal—it just may be the most irksome in the history of the medium. Read more...
Sept. 23, 2013 - Gawker