- a relating to or characterized by granulomas
- It goes by a variety of other names, including regional enteritis, ileitis and granulomatous colitis, depending on which part of the intestinal tract is affected.
News & Articles
- New Research Suggests Novel Approach For Drug Resistant Staph Infections
Based on the results of a recent study from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), deletion of a specific protein in white blood cells improves their ability to fight the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus along with possibly other kinds of infections in mice with chronic granulomatous disease (CGD).
Aug. 6, 2013 - Forbes
- Removing a protein enhances defense against bacteria in CGD mice
Deletion of a protein in white blood cells improves their ability to fight the bacteria staphylococcus aureus and possibly other infections in mice with chronic granulomatous disease (CGD), according to a new study. CGD, a genetic disorder also found in people, is marked by recurrent, life-threatening infections.
Aug. 1, 2013 - Science Daily
- JCI early table of contents for Aug. 1, 2013
This release contains summaries, links to PDFs, and contact information for the following newsworthy papers to be published online, Aug. 1, 2013, in the JCI: Prolactin reduces arthritis inflammation; Identification of a molecule linking bone loss and bone formation; and defense against bacterial infection in chronic granulomatous disease.
Aug. 1, 2013 - EurekAlert!