gond : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of a formerly tribal people in south central India
- KICKER: Master Roberto Tramontin at work cleaning a new gondola.
- ART AND SCIENCE: A gondola in the workshop of Master Bonaldo.
- THE TEST OF PTI: Patterns and templates used in the construction of a gondola hang on the wall of the Squero Bonaldo ready for their next use.
- Baba Amte in KalingaTimes
In 1983, Amte wrote to Indira Gandhi that the dams "would submerge the homeland of the Madia Gond people. At least 40,000 people (out of a total of 75,000) will be uprooted, along with millions of trees......Today the Madia Gond people maintain...