goldbricking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the evasion of work or duty
- v deprive of by deceit
- v avoid (one's assigned duties)
- Thus Agnew accused the Democratic Congress of "featherbedding" and "monumental goldbricking" in holding up Administration bills.
- Such unseemly things as rubber checks, accusations of "goldbricking" and confessions in the attorney general's office seemed as far away as the man in the moon when last month.
- But at the time young Robin's goldbricking held less appeal to a man who had come up the hard way from the back-breaking labor and pocket-pinching strikes of a Lancashire coal .