gobsmacked : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Don't be gobsmacked if genetic testing figures into employment sooner or later.
- Toby Mundy, chairman of Atlantic, told me: "I'm completely gobsmacked.
- The star-studded front row appeared gobsmacked by the presentation.
News & Articles
- Cyndi Lauper wins first Tony Award for 'Kinky Boots' music
Cyndi Lauper looked absolutely gobsmacked as she made her way to the stage at Radio City Music Hall to collect her Tony Award for writing the music and lyrics for "Kinky Boots""And I can't say I wasn't practicing in front of the shower curtain for a couple of days," she says.Lauper grew up listening to her mom's collections of Broadway soundtracks."I want to thank Harvey Fiersteinfor calling me ...
June 10, 2013 - Zap2It
- Wayne Rooney in guardian.co.uk
When the referee produced the red card I was amazed - gobsmacked,Rooney said, "[but] I bear no ill feeling to Cristiano (Ronaldo) but I am disappointed he chose to get involved.
- Stuart Broad in Independent
Stuart Broad, who was bowling at the time, said: "There were a few gobsmacked faces when it popped up on the big screen."
- Mark Selby in Sportinglife.com
I'm gobsmacked to still be in the tournament,said Selby, who battled back from 5-3 down to triumph 6-5 with a pressure break of 54 in the 11th and final frame. "It was a massive occasion for me - and I felt it. Overall, apart from the last...