goat : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of numerous agile ruminants related to sheep but having a beard and straight horns
- n a victim of ridicule or pranks
- n (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Capricorn
- n the tenth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about December 22 to January 19
- Crossbreeding goats and sheepIt looks like a zookeeper's prank: a goat dressed in a sweater of angora.
- Dwarf goats in particular have been a point of contention.
- Novella Carpenter raises dwarf goats and chickens at her home in Oakland, Calif.
News & Articles
- Goat show draws nationwide crowd
Seven-year-old Cassie Falley quickly climbed the rails surrounding her goat Tuesday at the Ike Hamilton Exposition Center and jumped inside to stroke her back while she ate.
June 12, 2013 - The News-Star
- Goat Show Underway at Ike Hamilton Expo Center
Goats have taken over the Ike Hamilton Expo Center. It's all a part of the National Boar Goat Show.
June 11, 2013 - NBC 10 - FOX 14 Monroe
- Get your goat
FUND RAISING IS USED BY MANY CHARITIES, BUT ONE LOCAL ORGANIZATION IS TAKING IT TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. THAT'S BECAUSE WEDNESDAY, DURING BUSINESS HOURS, THE "TANANA DISTRICT 4-H TEEN CLUB" IS HAVING A "GET YOUR GOAT" FUNDRAISER. THEY'RE PLANNING TO TAKE ONE OF FOUR GOATS AROUND TO LOCAL BUSINESSES, AND FOR A DONATION, YOU CAN EITHER HAVE THE GOAT LEAVE, OR YOU CAN SEND IT ON TO A FRIEND'S OFFICE ...
June 11, 2013 - KTVF Fairbanks
- Ron Artest in ESPN
I don't mind being in the outhouse. I don't mind being the goat. I don't mind being the villain [or] hated,Artest said. "I've been that my whole career, so it's not like it's anything new. I don't mind people jumping on the bandwagon or...
- Sarah Palin in FOXNews
Both Palin and her husband had refused to be interviewed in the state Legislature's probe, and Palin said the inquiry "has been kind of a goat rope, very partisan and very controversial type of investigation."
- Benazir Bhutto in Guardian Unlimited
Five days after the suicide bombing that killed at least 136 at her homecoming procession in Karachi, Bhutto said her lawyer received a letter from an unidentified "friend of al-Qaida" threatening to slaughter her "like a goat."