- n the soccer or hockey player assigned to protect the goal
- n the defensive position on an ice hockey or soccer or lacrosse team who stands in front of the goal and tries to prevent opposing players from scoring
- A goalkeeper, she promises to tone down her aggression.
- Liverpool's talismanic midfielder connected sweetly with a left-foot drive that gave Gianluigi Buffon at the time considered the world's greatest goalkeeper absolutely no .
- Iraq's goalkeeper Noor Sabri, who made the vital save that allowed his countrymen to prevail 4-3, recognized the significance of the team's triumph: "You know the situation of the .
News & Articles
- Soccer-Brazil goalkeeper's wife robbed at gunpoint in Fortaleza
June 20 (Reuters) - The wife of Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar was victim of an armed robbery in Fortaleza but played down the incident saying it was nothing more than "a gun pointed at me". Susana Werner said on Twitter that the robbery happened just before midnight on Wednesday in the city where hosts Brazil beat Mexico 2-0 in soccer's Confederations Cup. "It was a routine robbery, just like ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Whitecaps sign Danish goalkeeper Ousted
The Vancouver Whitecaps have a new starting goalkeeper, former Danish youth international David Ousted. The 28-year-old joins from Superliga side Randers FC.
June 20, 2013 - Goal.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Goalkeeper With Bullet In Skull Plays Full Game, Wonders Why Head Hurts
A bullet in the skull wasn’t enough to deter one goalkeeper from finishing his match. Bosnian goalkeeper Duško Krtalica competed in a tournament in the Sarajevo suburb Boljakov Potok, when his head started to hurt. The 51-year-old shrugged it off and kept playing anyway, believing that his headache was caused by knocking his head into a goal... Read more » Goalkeeper With Bullet In Skull Plays ...
June 19, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Wesley Sneijder in CBC.ca
The first half was really difficult for us. We were 1-0 behind, a great save by our goalkeeper on Kaka kept us there,Sneijder said. "At halftime we said to each other that we had to improve things and put more pressure on the Brazilian...
- Robert Green in The Associated Press
Mentally we're strong enough to get over it, and as a goalkeeper these things happen,Green told Sky TV. "You prepare yourself for not letting it affect you."
- Fabio Capello in Virgin Media Sport
We have time to decide and to speak with him and I will decide,said Capello. "I decided Green would be the goalkeeper because he played the last game very well and at Wembley (against Mexico) the performance was very good too. He made one...