gnome : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a legendary creature resembling a tiny old man; lives in the depths of the earth and guards buried treasure
- n a short pithy saying expressing a general truth
- BRIT KITSCH Among the hallowed relics of the British Empire facing the dustbin of history: the garden gnome.
- One of the most enduring characters of European folklore is the gnome, a gnarled night creature who lives for centuries, stands only 6 in.
- Sculptor of dollar diplomacy The gnomes of international central banking have a new pixie.
News & Articles
- DEARBORN: Resident foils gnome-napping by yelling at would-be thief
DEARBORN — A man who allegedly attempted to steal decorative gnomes out of a front yard dropped them and fled when the resident yelled at him.
June 15, 2013 - Dearborn Press & Guide
- GNOME 3, Windows 95 Disconnected
FOSS Force: When the revolt of the GNOME users first began, most of us probably figured this story would play-out along predictable lines, again following a plot similar to what we'd seen during the KDE revolution.
June 13, 2013 - Linux Today
- Red Hat Confirms GNOME Classic Mode For RHEL 7
An anonymous reader writes "The H-Online is reporting that the upcoming RHEL 7 will use GNOME Classic Mode over Gnome Shell as its Default Desktop GUI. Speaking to TechTarget ahead of the 2013 Red Hat Summit, Red Hat engineering director Denise Dumas said this regarding the decision: "I think it's been hard for the Gnome guys, because they really, really love modern mode, because that's where ...
June 13, 2013 - Slashdot
- James Watt in BBC News
BrewDog founder James Watt explained on his blog: "Anyone who knows BrewDog, knows beer, or anyone has more common sense than a common (or garden) gnome will know that the scathing and unrelenting criticism we faced was pretty unjustified. If logic...
- Manny Lawson in Kansas City Star
Patrick Willis today is not the Patrick Willis of last year,said fellow linebacker Manny Lawson. "A year ago, he was just a (garden) gnome in a field. A gnome on the line of scrimmage. If you told him to stand there, he did. Very robotic."