gnocchi : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Italian) a small dumpling made of potato or flour or semolina that is boiled or baked and is usually served with a sauce or with grated cheese
- Last year, culinary trends included pork belly and gnudi (gnocchi on steroids).
- The resulting gnocchi- like halusky is served with bryndza, a soft sheep cheese, and fried bacon bits to make a hearty meal.
- The resulting gnocchi-like halusky is served with bryndza a soft sheep cheeseand fried bacon bits to make a hearty meal.
News & Articles
- First look: the brand-new menu at Davis Square's Posto
The other day we mentioned that staff from Barbara Lynch's four-star restaurant, Menton, were heading across the river to management and chef positions at Posto in Davis Square. What does that mean for you? Completely new dishes to try, including lamb gnocchi, rabbit pappardelle, and veal agnolotti. We've got the first look at the revamped menu, available for your dining pleasure starting Monday ...
June 14, 2013 - Boston Globe
- LATEST NEWS
Lemon chicken with gnocchi at the Fire Engine Pizza Ca. in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport. Photo: Eileen Fischer | Buy This Photo Sunday at Carmela's, a dish at the Fire Engine Pizza Ca. in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport.
June 13, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Jacques Pepin in Toronto Star
You don't need a light hand to make these, as you do for other forms of gnocchi,writes Jacques PÃ©pin in Food & Wine.