glued : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v join or attach with or as if with glue
- v be fixed as if by glue
His eyes were glued on her
- s affixed or as if affixed with glue or paste
he stayed glued to one spot
- Ah, but this young Sprinfieldianite has staying power: staying in the fourth grade, to the endless vexation of his teacher and his principal; staying glued to the living-room tube .
- A couple of things haven't changed, though: Cohen still spends weekdays glued to his trading desk, and in 2006 the firm's main fund was up an additional 34%, after fees.
- This is perhaps not surprising in a country that turned the inventor of the Pet Rock a pebble with googly eyes glued on into a millionaire in three months.
News & Articles
- Gallery Preview: 'Scrapped, Fragmented and Glued' at gallery 6 pdx
Liz Cohn recently opened gallery 6 pdx, which specializes in collage, assemblage and mixed media. Watch a preview of their current exhibit, Scrapped, Fragmented and Glued , by Maryland-based collage artist Audrey Smith.
June 14, 2013 - Oregon Public Broadcasting
- Week Ahead: All Fed All the Time
Investors will be glued to news from the Fed next week, looking for clues as to when and how the central bank may start shifting away from its bond buying.
June 14, 2013 - FOX Business
- Locks at Suffolk school glued shut
SUFFOLK-Police are looking for the person or people who glued shut more than two dozen locks at a Suffolk school. The plant engineer at King's Fork High School found coins glued to the key lock cylinder portion of 27 exterior doors around 6:00 a.m. Tuesday. That prevented keys from being able to open the locks, explained City spokeswoman Diana Klink. Suffolk Public Schools spokeswoman Bethanne ...
June 12, 2013 - 13 News, WVEC Hampton Roads
- Eric Heiden in Brownsville Herald
Heiden, now the team doctor for US Speedskating, told The Associated Press he was "glued to the television" while working in the training room at the Olympic Village.
- Michael Grade in Times Online
I'd like to apologise to all our viewers who were affected by last night's unprecedented technical error,Mr Grade said. "As a football fan myself I was glued to the match and was as disappointed as anyone to miss the goal. We have years of...
- Mariah Carey in Reuters
I was just glued to this book when I read it in, I guess '98, and it stays with you,Carey said.