gloaming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the time of day immediately following sunset
- The pearl-grey haystacks in the gloaming.
- In the milky gloaming that passes for night, Copenhagen cabarets work double shifts, and the nightlong sounds of revelry prompt a tourist official's tip: "Have fun in Denmark.
- At sunset, guests are thrilled by the throb of tribal drums in the gloaming.
- John Ryan in Sydney Morning Herald
The 1920s was the golden era of Australian racing,Ryan said. "Big crowds, horses like Gloaming from New Zealand and Beauford from Newcastle. Then along came Phar Lap and Limmerick at the end of the decade. The high water mark of Australian...