- v make glad or happy
- v become glad or happy
- s made joyful
- First, be gladdened by the news that the universe will last a lot longer than humans will, so we'll be spared the grim experience of sitting around and taking bets on whether we'll .
- All the days of my life I have seen nothing that gladdened my heart so much as these things, for I saw among them wonderful works of art, and I marveled at the subtle Ingenia of .
- There followed a thundering herd effect which would have gladdened any cinemactor's heart.
News & Articles
- Neymar Has Proved an Able Deputy to Lionel Messi at Barcelona
With Lionel Messi out of action until after the international break, the impressive performances of Neymar as his replacement will have gladdened the hearts of Tata Martino and the Barcelona faithful. Messi will undoubtedly be back to lead the side so it’s hardly a case of, "The King is dead; Long Live the King", but what it does show is that, in Neymar , Barcelona have gained the services of a ...
Oct. 7, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Sunil Gavaskar in Aljazeera.net
Australia's come-uppance at the hands of England and New Zealand has gladdened the hearts of not just the other aspirants for the World Cup but also the followers of the game,Gavaskar wrote in the latest issue of 'India Today' magazine.
- Thabo Mbeki in Independent Online
I'm (especially) gladdened by all the attention Russian businessmen, on the insistence of President Putin, are paying to South Africa. I have met quite a few of them,Mbeki told the ambassador.