gita : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Hinduism) the sacred `song of God' composed about 200 BC and incorporated into the Mahabharata (a Sanskrit epic); contains a discussion between Krishna and the Indian hero Arjuna on human nature and the purpose of life
- The Bhagavad-gita Leo Tolstoy's "The Kingdom of God Is Within You" 3.
- Hindus observed last week the 5,000th birthday of Krishna, their epic hero, who traditionally composed the Bhagavad-gitaperhaps comparable to Solomon's Song of Songsand .
News & Articles
- READER SUBMITTED: Free Yoga, Meditation & Discourses by a World Renowned Teacher
World renowned teacher Swami Mukundananda is on USA tour and will be conducting a week long program in Newington, CT to teach Yoga & Meditation and also to give enlightening discourses on 'Bhagavad Gita'. He is the founder of a Non-profit organization called JKYog (www.jkyog.org) which is involved in charitable activities in various parts of the world. He came up with a five fold system of ...
June 11, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- Northwest of Durham
Eighteen members of Durham Senior Citizens met May 22 at the Durham Community Building for a potluck supper. Harmon and Joyce Medley were hosts. Special guests were Superintendent Steve Noble and his wife Gita, and family.
June 5, 2013 - Hillsboro Star-Journal
- Priyanka Gandhi in Times of India
I would advise him to read the Gita properly and try to understand it,said Priyanka, on a two-day tour of the district to campaign for her mother and brother Rahul, who represents Amethi constituency.
- Paramahansa Yogananda in Palo Alto Online
A study course based on "The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita," explained by Paramhansa Yogananda.
- Amitabh Bachchan in NDTV.com
Aadesh Shrivastav and I will now be collaborating over a new interpretation of the Bhagwad Gita. It's one of my father's unknown and unacknowledged masterpieces of immense literary and religious value,said Bachchan.