girlish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s befitting or characteristic of a young girl
a dress too schoolgirlish for office wear
- This is about that glorious mezzo-soprano, the gospel growls, the throaty howls, the girlish vocal tickles, the swoops, the dives, the blue-sky high notes, the blue-sea low notes.
- But however you might describe Carroll's famous picture of Alice, 7, costumed as a sultry beggar girl, girlish is not the word.
- Although she was not blessed with Redgrave's white-hot, almost alarming incandescence that grand stature mixed with a girlish vulnerability Richardson had her own gifts.
- Julia Roberts in Reuters
Appearing on the CBS "Late Show with David Letterman" in May, Roberts said her children "seem to really love each other. He's sort of very boyish and masculine. He has red hair and big green eyes. And she's very girlish and has very blonde hair and...
- Shah Rukh in Hindustan Times
I don't have many boyfriends. I like being with girls - and probably that's why people think I'm a little girlish. But I don't have any such male bonding with anyone......,Shah Rukh said in the first episode of Discovery Travel & Living's...
- Manish Malhotra in Hindustan Times
I Hate Luv Stories has Imran Khan and Sonam Kapoor in the lead roles and, talking about Sonam's look in the movie, Malhotra said: "She is a fashion icon and her look in the movie is very girlish and young."