germany : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a republic in central Europe; split into East Germany and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990
News & Articles
- Poland, Germany probe Nazi-led unit commander
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Prosecutors in Poland and Germany said Tuesday they are reviewing files on a Minnesota man who was a commander of a Nazi-led unit to see if they have enough evidence to press charges and request his extradition from the United States.
June 18, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Germany Puts Spotlight on Its Own Anti-Soviet Revolt
Germany commemorated the 60th anniversary of an uprising by East Germans against Soviet rule, seeking a higher pedestal for the little-known revolt.
June 17, 2013 - New York Times
- Germany, Greece to discuss help for Greek small companies
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany will discuss setting up a bilateral programme to help small and medium-sized companies in Greece, as it has done with Spain, at a meeting in Athens, Finance Minister Wolfgang ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Johan Cruyff in SkySports
Spain's style is the style of Barcelona,Cruyff told El Periodico. "Now, Spain is favourite to win the World Cup. Last night (Wednesday), that same Germany team that dazzled us against Argentina played football as it knows best; a football...
- Vicente del Bosque in The Associated Press
We can say Germany wasn't as good as we thought they'd be today,Spain coach Vicente del Bosque said. "But that is due to the excellent performance of our team."
- Fabio Capello in The Associated Press
We played I think well at 2-1, but after the third goal it was a little bit disappointing,Capello said. "Germany is a big team. They played a good game."