georgian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a native or resident of the American state of Georgia
- n a native or inhabitant of Georgia in Asia
- n a southern Caucasian language with 3 million speakers and a long literary tradition
- a of or relating to the former British colony of Georgia
- a of or relating to or characteristic of the Asian republic of Georgia or its people or language
- a of or relating to or characteristic of the American state of Georgia or its inhabitants
- a of or relating to the Hanoverian kings of England
News & Articles
- E-edition is free to subscribers
The Tribune & Georgian e-edition is easily accessible on the newspaper's Web site. Subscribers can log onto the home page at www.tribune-georgian.com and select the laptop icon at the top right corner that says, "View our new e-edition."
June 14, 2013 - Tribune & Georgian
- Georgia: Jihad in the Backyard
Alleged terror plots, thwarted by Georgian police, have became a fresh stick with which to bash political rivals in divided Georgia. But any link between the supposed plots and a recent YouTube video threatening retribution against Georgia for its participation in NATO's Afghanistan campaign remains unclear. Police on June 13 recovered a significant stash of explosives and firearms from a ...
June 14, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Georgians in Afghanistan
The Georgian ambassador to the United States says Georgian soldiers have received praise from NATO and local stakeholders.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times
- Sergey Lavrov in USA Today
One can forget about any talk about Georgia's territorial integrity because, I believe, it is impossible to persuade South Ossetia and Abkhazia to agree with the logic that they can be forced back into the Georgian state,Russian Foreign...
- President Bush in CNN
Russia must stop its bombing campaign, cease flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace and withdraw its ground forces from Georgia,Obama said.
- Vladimir Putin in USA Today
Of course, Saddam Hussein ought to have been hanged for destroying several Shiite villages,Putin said in Moscow. "And the incumbent Georgian leaders who razed ten Ossetian villages at once, who ran elderly people and children with tanks,...