gearing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed
- v set the level or character of
News & Articles
- Holiday Travels Planning to Take Off
MEDFORD, Ore. — Fourth of July travelers are gearing up to hit the roads. According to TripAdvisor more than 20% of people plan on traveling during Independence Day weekend. Some travelers were already heading out Tuesday, others are waiting until Wednesday or even the fourth of July itself. According to the survey, 11% of people … Continue reading »
July 3, 2013 - NewsWatch 12 Medford - Klamath Falls
- Devils' Stefan Matteau hopes junior incident didn't tarnish reputation
Gearing up to stay in the NHL next season
July 2, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- Helena breaks heat record, expect more for July 4 holiday
It’s gearing up to be a picture-perfect Fourth of July weekend, but recreationists are being warned that continued high temperatures mixed with fireworks could create dangerous situations.
July 2, 2013 - Helena Independent Record
- Carl Edwards in New York Times
We're winning races,Edwards said after pulling away from Busch to win the 3M Performance 400 for his fifth Nascar Sprint Cup victory of the season. "We're gearing up for the Chase. I'm feeling stronger than ever. We're here to win...
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
In his radio and Internet address last weekend, Obama said, "I know these steps won't sit well with the special interests and the lobbyists who are invested in the old way of doing business, and I know they're gearing up for a fight as we speak. My...
- Paris Bennett in Access Atlanta
Paris, 20, said in the release: "I'm so excited to finally see my little angel and man does she have lungs on her I guess she's gearing up to be the next American Idol."