- n either of two posts that bound a gate
- Lunik III was deflected by the moon's gravity, which made it veer in the moon's direction, like a child swinging on a gatepost.
- Then the White House driveway filled, gatepost to gatepost, with a moving mass.
- Out at the Dick Scruggs farm, where it came from, Kitty Scruggs told her: "Between you and me and the gatepost, this sugar-cured Callaway the folks so cherish originally came from .
- Petter Solberg in Motorsport.com
I hit the same gatepost that Marcus Gronholm hit two years ago,said Petter.
- Dale Steyn in Times Online
When we're bowling, Morne will come over and put his arm on my head and lean on me like I'ma gatepost or something - the big guys give me a lot of stick,Steyn said. "But somebody once said to me that dynamite comes in small packages. I'm...
- Harry Truman in San Francisco Chronicle
The presidency, Truman told a Florida audience, "was an all day and night job ...... but just between you, me and the gatepost, I like it."