ganges : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an Asian river; rises in the Himalayas and flows east into the Bay of Bengal; a sacred river of the Hindus
- v act as an organized group
News & Articles
- Boat capsizes in Ganges River in eastern India, killing four, leaving 25 missing
KOLKATA, India — A state official says a boat crowded mostly with passengers has capsized in the Ganges River in eastern India. At least four people drowned and another 25 are feared missing.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Boat Capsizes in Indian River; 4 Dead, 25 Missing
Boat capsizes in Ganges River in eastern India, killing four, leaving 25 missing
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- In India, Farmers Pick Heartier Seeds Over Those With High Yields
Farmers in the Ganges River delta in Eastern India. All photos by Sam Eaton of Homelands Productions. When a cyclone hits India, the sea-drenched soil can remain salty for years. Farmers are finding new high-yield rice seeds are not withstanding the salty onslaught as well as seeds developed more than a century ago. In the next " Food for 9 Billion " report, Sam Eaton travels to Eastern India to ...
June 13, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- Hema Malini in Thaindian.com (blog)
The next ballet I want to do is on our great river Ganges,Hema Malini told IANS in an interview here.
- Romila Thapar in Sify
For instance, in her book Early India, well-known historian Romila Thapar says that "the conflict between Ram and Ravan probably reflects an exaggerated version of local conflicts, occurring between expanding kingdoms of the Ganges plain and the...
- Bindeshwar Pathak in Independent Online
She made a hue and cry,said Pathak, smiling as he recounted the event that he remembers as one of the most defining moments in his life. "She made me swallow cow dung, cow urine, sand and Ganges water to purify me."