- n a port city in western Ireland on Galway Bay
- With its beauty pageant, parade, speed shucking contests and, of course, mountains of fresh oysters, the International Oyster Festival (galwayoysterfest.
News & Articles
- Former Galway hotel owner jailed for six years over rape of employee after staff party
Ireland's eyebrow raising reputation for light sentencing for alleged rapists was bolstered again this week when a former Galway hotel owner was given a six year sentence for the rape of an employee following a staff party.
June 11, 2013 - Irish Central
- New York GAA report: Galway tribe stroll to victory and more
It was very easy for Galway as they put up a big score against an undermanned Tipperary side. Robbie Jackson was excellent from long range as he fired over 0-11. It was a team effort however as none players got on the board for the winners.
June 10, 2013 - Irish Central
- Pastor to retire after 34 years at St. Francis de Sales in Vernon
Sitting with hands interlaced behind his head, Fr. John Boland, pastor of St. Francis de Sales Church spoke of his childhood in Ireland. Fr. Boland attended St. Bendan’s Grammar School, St. Joseph’s High School in Garbally Park in Ballinasloe, County Galway, then attended St. Patrick’s College and St. Patrick’s Seminary in Carlow, Ireland. With his extremely calming manner and lilting brogue, Fr ...
June 7, 2013 - The Record
- Brian Lenihan in Galway Independent
Minister MicheÃ¡l Martin noted, "This knowledge driven investment is highly significant for Ireland, and in particular Galway and Cork. The benefits are tremendous in terms of the highly sophisticated software technology that will be developed in...
- Brian Cowen in Irish Independent
Mr Cowen said: "This investment was won for Galway by IDA Ireland in the face of stiff competition from other European locations and, as such, it demonstrates yet again to the global investment community that Ireland continues to attract...
- Steve Staunton in ic Wales
Staunton explained: "His grandfather is from Inis Mor and his grandmother is from Galway. We weren't sure if Caleb would have the paperwork through in time but thankfully we got the call last night that he's got his Irish passport. I know through...