galvanism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n electricity produced by chemical action
- n the therapeutic application of electricity to the body (as in the treatment of various forms of paralysis)
- From her father, who had pioneered in galvanismelectrical treatment of muscle disordersshe picked up a keener-than-average interest in the human spine and its disks, its .
- Bologna also produced Luigi Galvani, in the 18th Century, whose experiments with electricity and the nerves and muscles of the legs of frogs gave rise to "galvanism" and kindred .
- Volta examined the theory of "galvanism" and traced electricity, not to the muscles, but to the mixed metals and moisture.